I’m an artist & engineer in Berlin. I work on musical instruments at Ableton.
I write about topics like computer science, creativity, life, and career, with this site being somewhere between a personal blog, journal, and research archive. Check out the the Archive, as well as my Twitter, Youtube, and Podcast.
I am currently ten years into my journey towards becoming a pro systems programmer.
- file(1) – Reported ELF coredump parsing bug
- Linux man-pages – Reported undocumented inaccuracy in /proc memory statistics
- I got cited on the LKML
- I was quoted in LWN
- Linux Kernel – Discovered & patched misleading error logging during OOM conditions
- LLDB – Discovered & patched memory corruption bug in “finish” command
- osquery – Significant improvements to coverage of local certificate stores on Windows (via Trail of Bits)
- DMTCP – Implemented filesystem path virtualization for checkpointed applications
- 2020 – Audio Developer Conference: “Reverse engineering DAWs to build custom workflow tools” (online)
- 2019 – QueryCon: “osql: The community-oriented fork of osquery” (New York)
- 2018 – NorthSec; High Confidence Software & Systems Conference: “Binary analysis, meet the blockchain” (Montreal)
- 2017 – O’Reilly Security; NYC Python Meetup: “Symbolic execution for humans” (New York)
- 2017 – Empire Hacking: “Automatic bugfinding for the blockchain” (New York)
- 2016 – NU Hacks: “Introduction to Binary Exploitation” (Boston)
- 2016 – HackBeanpot Finalist: “binfmt_mysc” (Boston)
- ASE 2019: “Manticore: A User-Friendly Symbolic Execution Framework for Binaries and Smart Contracts”
- HYPEBEAST covered the release of “DANGER” which I produced for YAOKAI & Sleet Mage.