I chose “offlinemark” as a handle for a few reasons:
- I didn’t want to use my real full name as the handle because of privacy and because I don’t consider my last name a 100% stable API. Ideally this username would last a long time.
- I like adjectives as usernames, but also including my first name makes it feel a bit personal.
- It’s highly unique. There’s a strong chance I can always get this username.
- It’s a bit techy, which is on brand.
- Aesthetics. I dislike numbers in usernames. I like the visual appearance of the text (all on one line, no underhanging characters).
- It’s an aspirational reminder. A lot of the best things in life are offline.
- It appeals to my ironic and quirky sense of humor.